Harris-Roxas B. The Impact and Effectiveness of Equity Focused Health Impact Assessment in Health Service Planning, PhD Thesis (Public Health), School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales: Sydney, 2014. PDF (3.5Mb) EPUB (910Kb) MOBI (1.2 Mb)
- Haigh F, Harris E, Harris-Roxas B, Baum F, Dannenberg A, Harris M, Keleher H, Kemp L, Morgan R, Ng Chok H, Spickett J. What makes health impact assessments successful? Factors contributing to effectiveness in Australia and New Zealand, BMC Public Health, 15(1009), 2015. doi:10.1186/s12889-015-2319-8
- O’Mullane M, Harris-Roxas B. Health Impact Assessment, Journal of Environmental Assessment Policy and Management, 17(1):11, 2015. doi:10.1142/S1464333215500052
- Harris-Roxas B, Haigh F, Travaglia J, Kemp L. Evaluating the impact of equity focused health impact assessment on health service planning: Three case studies, BMC Health Services Research, 14:371, 2014. doi:10.1186/1472-6963-14-371 Access PDF
- Haigh F, Baum F, Dannenberg A, Harris M, Harris-Roxas B, Keleher H, Kemp L, Morgan R, Ng Chok H, Spickett J, Harris E. The effectiveness of health impact assessment in influencing decision-making in Australia and New Zealand 2005–2009, Public Health, 13: 1188, 2013. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-13-1188
- Harris E , Ng Chok H, Haigh F, Baum F, Harris-Roxas B, Kemp L, Spickett J, Keleher H, Morgan R, Harris M, Wendel AM, Dannenberg AL. Characteristics of health impact assessments reported in Australia and New Zealand between 2005 and 2009, Australia and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 37(6): 534-546, 2013. doi:10.1111/1753-6405.12102
- Harris-Roxas B, Harris E. The Impact and Effectiveness of Health Impact Assessment: A conceptual framework, Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 42: 51-59, 2013. doi:10.1016/j.eiar.2012.09.003
- Harris-Roxas B, Viliani F, Bond A, Cave B, Divall M, Furu P, Harris P, Soeberg M, Wernham A, Winkler M. Health Impact Assessment: The state of the art, Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal, 30(1): 43-52, 2012. doi:10.1080/14615517.2012.666035
- Furber S, Tranter D, Harris-Roxas B, Dews C, Gray E, Goldie A, Wallace C, Mayne D, Thackway S. The use of health impact assessment to determine the potential impact of an Australian urban development proposal on health and well-being, Urban Policy and Research, 29(2): 125-139, 2011. doi:10.1080/08111146.2010.546004
- Harris-Roxas B, Harris E. Differing Forms, Differing Purposes: A Typology of Health Impact Assessment, Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 31(4): 396-403, 2011. doi:10.1016/j.eiar.2010.03.003
- Harris-Roxas B, Harris P, Harris E, Kemp L. A Rapid Equity Focused Health Impact Assessment of a Policy Implementation Plan: An Australian case study and impact evaluation, International Journal for Equity in Health, 10:6, 2011. doi:10.1186/1475-9276-10-6
- Tamburrini A, Gilhuly K, Harris-Roxas B. Enhancing benefits in health impact assessment through stakeholder consultation, Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal, 29(3): 195-204, 2011. doi:10.3152/146155111X12959673796281
- Harris E, Harris-Roxas B. Health in All Policies: A pathway for thinking about our broader societal goals, Public Health Bulletin SA, 7(2): 43-46, 2010.
- Harris P, Harris-Roxas B, Wise M, Harris E. Health Impact Assessment for Urban and Land-use Planning and Policy Development: Lessons from Practice, Planning Practice and Research, 25(5): 531 – 541, 2010. doi:10.1080/02697459.2010.522851
- Harris P, Harris E, Thompson S, Harris-Roxas B, Kemp L. Human Health and Wellbeing in Environmental Impact Assessment in New South Wales, Australia: Auditing health impacts within environmental assessments of major projects, Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 29(5):310-318, 2009. doi:10.1016/j.eiar.2009.02.002
- Matthias K, Harris-Roxas B. Process and Impact Evaluation of the Greater Christchurch Urban Development Strategy Health Impact Assessment, BMC Public Health, 9:97, 2009. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-9-97
- Wise M, Harris P, Harris-Roxas B, Harris E. The role of health impact assessment in promoting population health and health equity, Health Promotion Journal of Australia, 20(3):172-179, 2009.
- Kemp L, Chavez R, Harris-Roxas B, Burton N. What’s in the Box? Issues in evaluating interventions to develop strong and open communities, Community Development Journal, 43(4):459-469, 2008. doi:10.1093/cdj/bsm014
- Furber S, Gray E, Harris-Roxas B, Neville L, Dews C, Thackway S. Rapid Versus Intermediate Health Impact Assessment of Foreshore Development Plans, NSW Public Health Bulletin, 18(9-10): 174-176, 2007. doi:10.1071/NB07076
- Harris P, Harris-Roxas B, Harris E. An Overview of the Regulatory Planning System in New South Wales: Identifying points of intervention for health impact assessment and consideration of health impacts, NSW Public Health Bulletin, 18(9-10): 188-191. doi:10.1071/NB07073A
- Harris P, Harris-Roxas B, Harris E, Kemp L. Health Impact Assessment and Urbanisation: Lessons from the NSW HIA Project, NSW Public Health Bulletin, 18(9-10): 198-201, 2007. doi:10.1071/NB07073B
- Harris-Roxas B, Harris P. Learning by Doing: The value of case studies of health impact assessment, NSW Public Health Bulletin, 18(9-10):161-163, 2007. doi:10.1071/NB07110
- Nathan S, Harris E, Kemp L, Harris-Roxas B, Health Service Staff Attitudes to Community Representatives on Committees, Journal of Health, Organisation and Management, 20(6): 551-559, 2006. doi:10.1108/14777260610702299
- Harris-Roxas B, Simpson S. NSW Health Impact Assessment Project. NSW Public Health Bulletin, 16(7-8):120-123, 2005.
- Simpson S, Harris E, Harris-Roxas B. Health Impact Assessment: An introduction to the what, why and how. Health Promotion Journal of Australia, 15(2): 162-167, 2004.
- Vohra S, Orenstein M, Viliani F, Cave B, Harris-Roxas B, Silvain F. Environmental assessment and health impact assessment, in van den Bosch M, Bird W (eds) Oxford Textbook of Nature and Public Health: The Role of Nature in Improving the Health of a Population, Oxford University Press: Oxford, p 304-311, 2018.
- Harris E, Harris-Roxas B, Harris P, Kemp L. “Learning by Doing”: Building Workforce Capacity to undertake HIA – An Australian case study, in O’Mullane M (ed) Integrating Health Impact Assessment into the Policy Process: Lessons and Experiences from around the World, Oxford University Press: Oxford, p 99-108, 2013.
- Harris-Roxas B, Harris P, Wise M, Haigh F, Ng Chok H, Harris E. Health Impact Assessment in Australia, in Kemm J (ed) Past Achievement, Current Understanding and Future Progress in Health Impact Assessment, Oxford University Press: Oxford, p 233-243, 2013.
- Harris-Roxas B, Maxwell M, Thornell M, Peters S, Harris P. From Description to Action: Using health impact assessment to address the social determinants of health, in Laverty M, Callaghan L (eds) Determining the Future: A Fair Go & Health for All, Connor Court Publishing: Melbourne, p 119-130, 2011.
- Harris P, Harris-Roxas B. Assessment of Human Health and Wellbeing in Project Environmental Assessment, in: Bhattacharya J (ed). Project Environmental Clearance: Engineering and management aspects, Wide Educational: Kolkata, India, p 355-379, 2010.
- Harris-Roxas B, O’Mullane M. Health impact assessment for health promotion, education and learning [Editorial], Global Health Promotion, 24(2):3-4, 2017. doi:10.1177/1757975917704614
- Harris-Roxas B. Health Impact Assessment in the Asia Pacific [Editorial], Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 31(4): 393-395, 2011. doi:10.1016/j.eiar.2010.10.001
- Vohra S, Cave B, Viliani F, Harris-Roxas BF, Bhatia R. New international consensus on health impact assessment [Letter], The Lancet, 376(9751):1464-1465, 2010. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(10)61991-5
- Harris P, Harris-Roxas B, Kemp L. Health Impact Assessment in Urban Settings [Editorial], NSW Public Health Bulletin, 18(9-10):149-150, 2007. doi:10.1071/NB07104 www.publish.csiro.au/view/journals/dsp_journal_fulltext.cfm?nid=226&f=NB07104