Ben Harris-Roxas is a researcher focused on health impact assessment, evaluation, integrated care, and capacity building. He is Associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of New South Wales and Director of the South Eastern Sydney Research Collaboration Hub (SEaRCH).
Health Impact Assessment
Health Impact Assessment (HIA) identifies the potential health impacts of policies, programs and projects. It leads to evidence informed recommendations to improve decision-making and practice. Ben’s experience includes:
- conducting and supporting more than 50 HIAs and integrated assessments
- training more than 1,200 people in HIA
- publishing more than 30 journal articles, book chapters, and reports on HIA.
Ben’s evaluation experience:
- undertaking program evaluations, including several complex and multi-year evaluations
- developing program logic and evaluation frameworks
- identifying data requirements and developing minimum data sets
- quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- clear reporting that can inform implementation and change.
Ben’s research focuses on providing practice-relevant evidence that can guide and inform change. He has experience in:
- developing and delivering training programs
- designing projects that develop skills development and inform ongoing implementation
- providing mentoring and project support.